When I first saw the name Felicity, I immediately thought of Felicity the American Girl doll representing girls circa 1774. What can I say, I’m a typical American Girl. We all know how much I wish I lived in a time when running through fields in dresses was totally acceptable.
However, this is not the story of a doll; though she may look like one. In fact, this isn’t even one story: it’s two.
Love Drop is a micro-giving network of people who unite as a community to help one person or family a month. In the past 6 months they’ve raised over $45,000 to help 6 different families throughout the nation. Founders Nate St. Pierre and J$ have one common goal: To Change the World, one family at a time.
This month, they’re reaching out to Felicity, daughter of Jon and Amanda Withrow from Atlanta, GA. In the past few months the Withrows have not only struggled with Felicity’s diagnosis, surgeries and aggressive radiation treatments; they also lost her 24-year-old uncle, Chad, dubbed the life and spirit of their family. In the midst of the turmoil, Amanda is carrying their third child, due during Felicity’s treatments.
Check out Felicity’s Story:
Despite their hardships, Amanda comes home from the hospital each day asking for prayers and love for all the children she and Felicity have met along this difficult journey. Coming from a family that has had its’ own struggles with illness, I can say firsthand that a loving community is invaluable. Every ounce of help, in any form, allows a family to be that much stronger. When a community is involved, you’re not alone in your fight.
Love Drop’s goal, is to become that community for them.
For the entire month of July Love Drop will be giving money, gifts and services to the Withrow family to help in three main areas:
(1) medical expenses for Felicity’s treatment,
(2) clothes and supplies for the new baby, and
(3) prayers for the other kids at the hospital.
Along the way we hope that people will also help out by coming up with cool things to give that will help them spend time and have fun as a family, as we’ve done for our other families. And by the way, if anyone could swing it (or part of it), their *dream* gift would be a new bedroom suite with a king-size bed. Just throwing it out there . . . you never know what you’re gonna get.
Want to help?
- Give $25 towards medical bills <– Click this link to contribute $25 towards Felicity’s radiation treatments. It’ll help them out a ton!
- Give a gift or service– Gift cards are always helpful. Places like Target, Wal-mart, restaurants, etc would definitely help them out. Services too – especially those you can offer yourselves, or from your company.
- Join our blogger network – Blog about our Love Drops each month like I am 🙂 It’s easy, it’s rewarding, and it REALLY helps spread the word (which in turn helps our families). Love Drop will give you all the content you need.
Do you know someone that could use a Love Drop?
Make sure to let them know.
Learn more at LoveDrop.us